I may, if I can peel my eyelids back long enough to read it, have one more book to add to this list this year, but given that it's New Years Eve, I've got a terrible cold and really just want to go to be right now, it's not likely to happen. So I present here the list of books I read in 2010. Some good. Some intellectually stimulating. Some trash. Lots of repeats from past years. And nearly 18,000 pages. That doesn't seem like a lot, I have to admit. I thought I'd get through at least twice that in a year. But I slept a lot on the bus on the way home from work.
NOTE: I did finish reading "The Dilbert Future" before I konked out, bringing the page total to 17,615.
* 101 Habits of Highly Successful Screenwriters, The; by Karl Iglesias. 232 pages.
* Another Fine Myth, by Robert Asprin. 200 pages.
* Aristocrat in Burlap: A History of the Potato in Idaho, by James W. Davis. 203 pages.
* Big Secrets, by William Poundstone. 228 pages.
* Book of Insults, Ancient and Modern; The, by Nancy McPhee. 160 pages.
* Brief History of Time, A; by Stephen Hawking. 198 pages.
* Bring Me the Head of Willy the Mailboy, by Scott Adams. 128 pages.
* Brother Cadfael's Penance, by Ellis Peters. 196 pages.
* Cachalot, by Alan Dean Foster. 275 pages.
* Calix Stay, by Niel Hancock. 254 pages.
* Case of the Phantom Frog, The; by E.W. Hildick. 118 pages.
* Class: A Guide Through the American Status System, by Paul Fussell. 202 pages.
* Cokesbury Party Book, the; by Arthur Depew. 404 pages.
* Confessions, by Saint Augustine. 347 pages.
* Darwin Awards, The; by Wendy Northcutt, 327 pages.
* Dave Barry's History of the Millennium (So Far), by Dave Barry. 236 pages.
* Diary of A Wimpy Kid, by Jeff Kinney. 217 pages.
* Dilbert Future, The; by Scott Adams. 258 pages.
* Dilbert Gives You the Business, by Scott Adams. 224 pages.
* Excuse Me While I Wag, by Scott Adams. 128 pages.
* Faragon Fairingay, by Niel Hancock. 349 pages.
* Feet of Clay, by Terry Pratchett. 244 pages.
* Fluorescent Light Glistens off Your Head, The; by Scott Adams. 128 pages.
* Fine and Pleasant Misery, A; by Patrick F. McManus. 209 pages.
* French Revolutions, by Tim Moore. 277 pages.
* Gaming the Vote, Why Elections Aren't Fair, by William Poundstone. 338 pages.
* Genome: The Autobiography of a Species in 23 Chapters, by Matt Ridley. 344 pages.
* Going Postal, by Terry Pratchett. 373 pages.
* Good Intentions, by Ogden Nash. 180 pages.
* Grass is Always Greener Over the Septic Tank, The; by Erma Bombeck. 255 pages.
* Greyfriars Bobby, by Eleanor Atkinson. 219 pages.
* Handbook of Folklore, The: by Charlotte Sophia Burne. 364 pages.
* Here Comes Everybody, by Clay Shirky. 327 pages.
* If Life is A Bowl of Cherries, What Am I Doing in the Pits? by Erma Bombeck. 213 pages.
* Interesting Times, by Terry Pratchett. 295 pages.
* Into the Valley, by John Hersey. 127 pages.
* It Didn't Start with Watergate, by Victor Lasky. 438 pages.
* Jingo, by Terry Pratchett. 323 pages.
* Krakatoa: the Day the World Exploded: August 27, 1883, by Simon Winchester. 416 pages.
* Lafcado's Adventures, by Andre Gide. 242 pages.
* Lemony Snicket: The Unauthorized Autobiography, by Lemony Snicket. 212 pages.
* Les Vacances du Petit Nicholas, by J.J. Sempe. 186 pages
* Little Book of Plagiarism, The; by Richard Posner. 116 pages.
* Magician of Lublin, The; by Isaac Bashevis Singer. 201 pages.
* Making Money, by Terry Pratchett. 394 pages.
* Maskerade, by Terry Pratchett. 271 pages. TWICE
* Monstrous Regiment, by Terry Pratchett. 355 pages.
* Moving Pictures, by Terry Pratchett. 254 pages.
* Non Campus Mentis, by Anders Henriksson. 150 pages.
* Off the Record, by Norman Pearlstine. 282 pages.
* Owl in the Attic and Other Perplexities, The; by James Thurber. 113 pages.
* Ox-Bow Incident, The; by Walter Van Tilburg Clark. 224 pages.
* Polygamy was Better than Monotony, by Paul Bailey. 180 pages.
* Post Captain, by Patrick O'Brian. 527 pages.
* Post-Capitalist Society, by Peter F. Drucker. 232 pages.
* Radioactive Boy Scout, The; by Ken Silverstein. 203 pages.
* Remarkable Journey of Prince Jen, The; by Lloyd Alexander. 273 pages.
* Science of Jurassic Park and the Lost World, The; by Bob DeSalle and David Lindley. 195 pages.
* Serpent's Coil, The; by Farley Mowat. 222 pages.
* Small Town in Germany, A; by John le Carre. 271 pages.
* Soul Music, by Terry Pratchett. 373 pages.
* Spouse in the House, The; by Richard Armour. 215 pages.
* Squaring the Circle, by Niel Hancock. 378 pages.
* Stainless Steel Rat Gets Drafted, The; by Harry Harrison. 262 pages.
* Unseen Academicals, by Terry Pratchett. 400 pages.
* Utopia, by Thomas More. 134 pages.
* When Did Ignorance Become A Point of View? by Scott Adams. 128 pages.
* When Worlds Collide, by Philip Wylie and Edwin Balmer. 192 pages.
* Wintersmith, The; by Terry Pratchett. 252 pages.
* Page total: 17,615
November 2015 Calendar - *November 5: Eastern Idaho Technical College Merit Badge Pow-Wow. Meet at the church at 6:30. We will be at EITC from 7-9 pm. WEAR YOUR SCOUT SHIRT, as a...
1 year ago