Monday, May 5, 2008

And they got dumber, and dumber, and dumber . . .

I do not profess to be the smartest guy in the world. Even in my household of five, there are days when my intelligence ranks below that of our dachshund. But at least I know better than this:



Nazi Germany did, of course, host the Olympic Games, back in 1936:



I don’t mind if people want to protest things. They ought to be bright enough, however, to do a little research before they make their posters. A few minutes perusing Olympics history would clearly have shown this. Apparently, the poster-maker has never heard of Jesse Owens.

It’s good to see that liberals can be just as dumb as the people they accuse of cornering the dumb market. That's the conservatives, in case you're not bright enough to figure that out.

It's kind of comforting, if you ask me, to see that dumbness knows no political boundary.

And how dare I surmise that the poster-maker was a liberal? I admit to no solid proof. But since it seems to be the (American) liberal thing to do these days to make highly photogenic protests that will amount to affecting no changes whatsoever while believing their actions will severely impact the world on a global scale, I think I'm safe in my assumption.

True, conservatives also make ineffectual protests -- and protest material. But they tend to stick to making highly photogenic protests that will amount to no changes whatsoever on the domestic scale, e.g., immigration, English as the official language, and so forth.

No comments: