Saturday, November 12, 2011

Yershi the Mild: 20,000 Words

As with past novels, I've got a love-hate relationship with Yershi the Mild. It's good in that I've got a sustainable story, but bad in that I tend to wander down one path without really having a destination in mind. I need to do more pre-planning, but part of me believes that really robs a novel of its spontaneity. Of course, spontaneity isn't all it's cracked up to be.

I do like the story and characters, though. That helps. And that has helped me hit a milestone: 20,000 words in.

So how is Yershi the Mild doing at NaNoWriMo? Slightly, ever so slightly above par. Of course the only par NaNoWriMo is interested in is the word count. I wish there were more about quality there, and that's a possibility given the writer's community, but I'm not one much for the community thing. I should be.

No comments: