Saturday, December 11, 2021

Cut the Twaddle

 


There's a lot of twaddle out there.

This should not come as a surprise to anyone who is even the slightest bit aware of the mess of thought that's out there.

Yet . . .

What bugs me the most are the usurpings.

In my church, we have a nice message called "The Family -- A Proclamation to the World." Not everyone likes it, of course, but it's something I generally agree with.

There's a Facebook group under the same name that's passing a lot of twaddle in the name of the proclamation. And I don't like it.


They seem to pass on a lot of right-wing twaddle. And it embarrasses me. They're usurping the family proclamation to try to score political points. It's not a good look. If you want to preach your politics -- and I don't care what stripe it is -- do it on your own dime, under your own name, without turning something good into political propaganda.

And I'm here on my blog saying it, because we live in an archipelago of thought now online. Saying this on Facebook wouldn't do any good, because of the pilers-on coming in to naysay and attack what you're saying. Which is their right. But should we be quiet just because it's the loud that win the arguments just by being loud?

I guess it's not a fight I'm willing to pick. But it still embarrasses me.

No comments: