Tuesday, September 5, 2023

HASSAN SHOP!


I don't know if this will actually happen, but we're at least looking at it.

What is it, you ask? An actual shop. Behind the house. If it'll fit. And if the city will approve it and if we can afford it all, because building alone, that's a lot of concrete to go in. Because the driveway out front of the house isn't all that great either.

We might have to do the concrete in sections.

I have no idea how much it'll cost. I want to do what work I can myself, but that'll depend on a lot of factors. I'm looking at a steel structure, which might be doable since they come in kits which I assume come with instructions. Or probably just a plan and who knows if I can follow a plan?

Demo of the old driveway won't be a problem. The young men helped with such a project a few years ago, and it involved a rented dump trailer and jackhammer. But putting in new concrete? Well, I've done it. But the scale of this frightens me. And I kinda want it to look good at the end.

So many things to consider. I'll have to relocate and remove sprinkler pipe and wiring. We've got two gutter drains on that part of the house and the water would have to go somewhere, preferably not onto the neighbor's property, so probably burying a drain somewhere would be a good idea. Then there's getting electricity to the shop -- I'm not doing that by a long shot. So many little things to consider.

It would be a fun feature to add to the property. When we were moving out of Sugar a while back, a shop was a priority for me. While we found a few houses that had a good-size shop on the property, the houses weren't all that much to brag about. Still, I wish things had gone the other way.

Good news is: We may be heading into another housing crisis, which was advantageous to us when we bought our current house. So maybe one person's misery will be my gain. But I don't know if we'll be that lucky again.

No comments: