Wednesday, April 12, 2023

Don't Do Business With Replacementlaptopkeys.com

UPDATE 2: They did, in fact, refund my money. I'm still not going to do business with them, as it appears they have a long history of noncommunication with their customers, and that is not the way to run a railroad. Conundrum, though: I was also refunded the money by our credit card company. I have emailed them to tell them I don't think it's right to get a double refund either. We'll see what happens there.

UPDATE 1: The company emailed me this evening to say they have cancelled my order and refunded the money. Whether or not this is the result of my repeated contacts, or my bank or credit card company contacting them, I don't know. We'll see if it's true.

***ORIGINAL POST***

Because I'm a klutz, I dropped a speaker onto my oldest son's laptop, snapping the U key in half.

Because I'm not a slouch, I glued the key together and repaired the keyboard, but told my son I would get a replacement key to make his laptop good as new.

That led to a search online to find a place where I could replace the key, and that led to replacementlaptopkeys.com, among a few other websites I considered.

I went with them, not particularly because of price -- the websites I visited tended to be the same, or at least in the same range. I should have done more homework.

Here, ten days later, the site that brags if you need a key, they have it in stock, still shows my order as "awaiting fulfillment."

A perusal of the internet, along with their social media presence on YouTube and Facebook, shows this is not an uncommon thing. Many people are dissatisfied with the company, saying their orders -- far older than mine -- still haven't been delivered. Or they're sent the wrong parts when an order is filled.

So I've filed a dispute with my credit card company. Here's your warning to stay away from replacementlaptopkeys.com.

And yes, I did try to contact the company. I called them several times, but the only option on their end that was working was to leave a message. Guess how many they've responded to?

I've also emailed them, both through my email account and through fillable forms on their website. Haven't received a single reply.

The only part of their company that seems to be working is the part that collects payments, just so ya know.

While I would be more patient with these people if they were communicating with me, I have none when their response -- even to critical posts on their social media accounts -- is silence.

So save yourself the trouble: Don't do business with them at all. They're scammers.

No comments: