Saturday, March 2, 2024

March Comes in Like the Get-Ready Man

Started off today with thunder and lightning, two rounds of hail but, surprisingly, not a lot of wind. The wind is, in fact, suspiciously absent as we've been wallpoed by an early spring snowstorm that dumped about a foot in our back yard.

The dogs, sensing the unstable weather or just being general fusspots, had me up at about 6 am so I could observe said weather phenomena, and ponder whether James Thurber's Get-Ready Man was about to make an appearance.


For those of you unfamiliar with the Get-Ready Man, behold. Or at least read.

But as I gazed out the window upon the lovely morn, I did notice the snow had managed to lop off a rather large limb in the tree in our backyard, viz:



So I knew what I'd be doing this morning. Fortunately, I was gifted a pole saw for my birthday in January, so I was able to make pretty short work of it:


It's not cleaned up by any means, but at least it's in a state where it won't fall any further and spear a weenie dog. I think it did skewer next door's shed a bit, though probably not catastrophically. I'm just glad it didn't flatten anything on the way down.

No comments: