Wednesday, February 28, 2024

[Warning: Spoilers]


Well, the Devil went down to Georgia, he was looking for a soul to steal,

But he stopped himself at a greasy spoon to gobble up one last meal.

There he came across a bus boy slopping up crumbs with a filthy rag,

And said "See, boy, I bussed myself; cleaning up is in my bag!"

The bus boy shrugged, handed him a tub with a shake of his floppy mane,

"I dealt with the cook, I dealt with the host, dealin' with the Devil is no real pain."

So Beelzebub, he grabbed that tub; the lad's eyes glowed with joy,

The cook came out and ripped a belch and shouted GET BUSSIN' BOY!

The plates went a-flyin' and the Devil he was tryin' to find in a boy a wedge,

But the plates kept a-comin' and the Devil got stuck on a crusted table ledge.

"If I can be so bold, I'll win your tub of gold," the boy said with a mighty sneer.

Then the fat men shouted for another round of pie and the Devil, he knew fear.

The boy set to scrubbin' while the Devil began blubbin, the boy's rag as fast as wind.

With one last swipe the boy showed his might -- then said the Devil with a voice of tin:

"You won my tub, you lanky schlub, but the Devil will have his due!"

Then the host smacked the Devil with a greasy copy of the slop shop's menu.

No comments: