Tuesday, February 6, 2024

Negative Reality Inversion, or NO ONE COVETETH MY ICE CREAM BAR

This is why sometimes I come to my blog, which no one reads, to do my shouting.

Yesterday, after a rather nasty work-related dream, I awoke feeling rather down on everything.

Circumstances yesterday led to bits of good news after bits of good news in several facets of my life, so today I'm doing a bit better. Can't let that negative mindset rule everything. Or at least try not to let it, too much.


I try not to be a negative person, but sometimes circumstances arise where the negative is what I want to dwell on, and that's not healthy. So many examples out there of people dwelling on the negative. I think about Laman and Lemuel, of course. They stacked up reason upon reason to be upset with their situation when Lehi said God had told him to take his family and flee into the wilderness. They lost their inheritances, their comfort, and at times were wandering the wilderness rather on the hungry side. They didn't believe that their father was indeed in danger for his preaching, or communicating with God in any fashion. Maybe they had glimpses, but rather chose to focus on the negatives, and let those negatives pile up as they collected them like neat rocks from the ground.

It's so easy to do, to collect the negative stuff. I see it every day in people I interact with. I don't want to be part of that world, because it ends in tears.

It's cliche to look at the positives. But that's just the adversary saying it's cool to be negative and to concentrate only on the negative because THAT'S ALL THAT'S GOING TO COME BETTER STRAP IN.

So I'm feeling better about things.

No comments: