Friday, July 20, 2012

Yershi Babbling

You'll note, dear reader, that I have just published a bit from my novel work in progress, YERSHI THE MILD. Here's why:

The experts tell you when you write anything that the best way to edit it is to set it aside for a week, a month, or longer, then come back to it, read it, and find its flaws.

Well, I have done everything in that formula but read my story again, and I already know where many of its flaws are. I know I need to spend a lot more time with Yershi and Shadow getting comfortable with each other, Shadow learning from Yershi, and Yershi eventually talking about why he's left the field of assassin to become an alchemist. There's a lot more story telling to take place, and this little installment is only a part of it.

Another part of it is that I need to do some more reading and research into alchemy, specifically the writings of 11th century alchemist Roger Bacon, in order to get this new influx of novel stuff working. So I will continue working on such and let y'all know what's going on.

What does that mean: I had hoped to publish Yershi this summer as an ebook, but it's going to have to wait now until fall or winter. Still want to get a 2012 publish date on it, but why publish before it's ready?

No comments: