Monday, December 23, 2013

A Thousand Views

For the first time since I started blogging in 2009, one of my posts has had more than a thousand views. And it's not an old post, lying around on the blog for a long time. No, it's this one, featuring the last chapter of Doleful Creatures, my NaNoWriMo 2013 winning entry.

I have no idea why people are reading it. I can look at the analytics, but they don't tell me much. They don't tell me what key words might have brought someone to this page; whether it's some unfortunate combination of key words there that has brought them to my blog -- briefly -- or whether they're actually interested in reading the book. The absence of comments leads me to believe the former, as my typically pessimistic and cynical soul continues to take over. But I hold out hope. Wouldn't it be fun if it were Doleful Creatures drawing people to this blog. A guy can dream . . .

No comments: