Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Scout Widower, Again




My third summer of widowerhood starts soon.

This year, it’s going to be longer. Michelle and the kids will be gone to both scout camp and Cedar Badge, meaning an extra three weeks of their absence.

Not that I’m going to be idle. Here’s what I’ve got in store for the summer:

  1. Repair leaking sprinkler valve
  2. Install new sprinkler line in the front yard
  3. Haul off junk
  4. Keep the gardens weeded
  5. Clean out the garage
  6. Do lots of scout-related stuff, including likely two Eagle projects and scout camp

I also hope to get DOLEFUL CREATURES ready to publish, with the publishing happening as an ebook after Michelle is home and can help me get the formatting done correctly. That’ll entail getting feedback from my beta readers and finding some good cover art. Easier said than done.

I’m also going to start revising THE HERMIT OF IAPETUS, getting it at least through a second revision before the summer is over. Then I’ll also have to come up with a new story in order to get ready for NaNoWriMo 2014 in November. So busy.

No comments: