Tuesday, September 9, 2014

NaNoWriMo 2014


The annual question comes up: Will I participate in NaNoWriMo 2014?

On the pro side: I’ve completed the challenge for the past three years.

On the con side: I’ve yet to get any of those novels to a state of completion, though last year’s entrant, DOLEFUL CREATURES, is now with beta readers.

On the pro side: I’m not short of ideas. Like this. Or this. Or this.

On the con side: I’m great at starting things. Not so great at finishing them.

I want to finish something.

There’s good stuff in them thar novels. I’m sure of it. I’ve read enough good novels to know there’s good in what I’ve written. But I have a difficult time separating the wheat from the chaff, and I’m not sure harvesting another field while the crop lays ready to the stooked into stacks in a few others is a good thing to do.

The good thing is if I finish a novel, I’ll likely moan less on this blog about not being able to finish things. Of course, that’ll be replaced with crowing about the completed novel, but a change is as good as a rest, you know?

Meanwhile, here's a fat smurf. What this has to do with the question at hand, I do not know.

No comments: