Monday, January 11, 2016

Trying Really, REALLY hard to Enjoy David Bowie


Right there is one of two reasons I know who David Bowie is. And that’s mainly for the refrain “Ground Control to Major Tom.” I don’t think I’ve ever heard the song in full until I watched the video today. Yes, planet Earth is blue and there’s nothing I can do. Maybe I don’t get David Bowie?

And that’s fine. Others do and enjoy him and I’m good with that. I’m just not. Maybe I’ll turn that around by listening to a bunch of David Bowie. And I might have to because Space Oddity kinda ties in with The Hermit of Iapetus in ways I might not have considered had I never listened to the song in full. Though who can pay the royalties?


And there it is, the second reason I know David Bowie. It says nothing to me. Probably I just don’t get it. Jim Henson/The Muppets run hot and cold with me. This is a movie from the cold side. They’ve done far better than this. Then there’s David Bowie in it. He looks enough like a Muppet to fit in. Rest in Peace, Mr. Bowie. May your fans mourn you, even if all I can do is kinda scratch my head.

No comments: