Tuesday, November 7, 2017

Before and After

Before

I sit here thinking thoughts.

I was Scoutmaster for four years. That’s longer than the current bishopric has been in place. So my meeting with the stake president tonight (or a duly appointed representative) likely won’t be for that.
What is possible? Anything, I guess. But the law of averages tells me maybe something in the Elders Quorum – the current presidency has been in place for three years, and they tend to rotate through them faster. That’s my worst-case scenario.

Or maybe a quiet clerk’s job. Or maybe something connected with Sellers Creek, the new trek center up in the foothills. I responded to a stake survey many moons ago regarding possible talent that could be loaned to the center. I put down writing. You know, brochures and such. So maybe that. That right there would be the best-case scenario.

I sit here thinking thoughts, before I meet with You Know Who tonight.

Below, my thoughts afterward. Whether or not my lips will be numb in the telling is yet to be seen.



After

Membership Clerk. Details to follow.

No comments: