Monday, February 17, 2020

Trump, Quoted

Picture it: Salt Lake City, Feb. 17 2020. KSL invites listeners to text the names of their favorite presidents in, or text in a presidential quote.

Youngest texts furiously.

At their next break, they read the following:

“Here lies the body of my good horse, ‘The General’. For 20 years he bore me around the circuit of my practice, and in all that time he never made a blunder. Would that his master could say the same!”

~John Tyler

"Government does not solve problems; it subsidizes them."

~ Ronald Reagan

"I have never seen a thin person drinking Diet Coke."

~Donald Trump

I owe him a dollar because I bet they wouldn't read it on the air.


Trump window doodle courtesy of Rory Porter.

And of course, when they read his quote over the air, we all five of us roared, driving along as we were on Interstate 15 between Salt Lake and Ogden. Boy's day couldn't get any better than that.

No comments: