Sunday, November 13, 2022

It's All Over But the Crying


Closing in on this one, finally.

And yes, it does feel like it's all over but the crying. Still left to do:

1. Clean grout joints

2. Caulk edges

3. Grout joints

4. Waterproof grout

5. Install finish plumbing, including replacing the broken tub drain ring (for which I bought a $24 tool at Home Depot).

Then there's the plastering and painting, plus a little electrical work (replacing outlets) and other miscellaneous cleanup and prettifying. But it is a big relief to have the tile done. It took a lot longer to finish than I anticipated it would. I had to cut the last round of tile in below-freezing weather, which was not fun.

But I think it's worth it.

And oh yeah:

6. Repair kitchen ceiling from where water dripped through from the offending bathroom. I'm about 98% I got that leak fixed by repairing the subfloor before I did the floor tile.

And if I didn't well, this:



No comments: