Monday, December 5, 2022

Goals, Accountability, and Other Castles in Spain

In a fit of wanting to fit in and do something, dammit, I wrote the following down a week ago:

1 year finish doleful creatures, ready again to submit to publishers

Weed out the fluff

Outline story

Work on characters

Draw a map

Work on the world building

Look to examples for inspiration

Terry Pratchett for humor

Felix Salten for simplicity

Richard Adams for detail

Get two more beta reads

Four hours of focused novel work a week.

Wednesday and Sunday evenings.

Partly because I was in a session re-learning about goal-setting, and partly because a friend dropped by with a copy of the third book he's written.

So it could happen.

But also: AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I'll do my best. But I have a lot of time-wasting habits to break.



No comments: