I remember as a kid visiting Yellowstone Park but being forbidden to go any further than the Dragon's Mouth Spring in the Mud Volcano area.
At the time I didn't understand why I wasn't allowed, while most of my older siblings were.
This weekend we visited the area and I actually read the signs rather than complain about the stink, and I learned that further up the trail at the Churning Cauldron Pool underground activity changed a "cool" pool into, well, a churning cauldron after a series of earthquakes in 1978 and 1979, leading to a lot of changes in the area.
So not quite as violent as the recent activity at the Black Diamond Pool, but notable in the fact it occurred fairly close to when we visited.
So maybe Mom was being protective of her younger children by saying we could go no further, but figured the older kids had had their run.
#FavoriteChild #PureSpeculation
No comments:
Post a Comment