Sunday, March 29, 2020

Long Weekend Indeed

So yeah. A very long weekend.

Started Thursday. Given the governor's stay at home order, I opted to do just that. I probably should have gone in to work, but there was enough darting about not really accomplishing all that much Wednesday it seemed fruitless.

Now tomorrow, no work. We're out until at least April 20. And blessed we are, it's with pay. That comes thanks to having a job connected with the government. And I'm trying not to bandy it about, as there's a little fever pitch in the community about others losing their jobs. Of course it's on my blog, which no one reads.

Some things, we're trying to get back to normal. We haven't held a Scout meeting yet, but we did do a committee meeting online, followed by boards of review for two new First Class Scouts. Tomorrow, we're planning our first virtual troop meeting.

The kids are starting online school April 1.

From what I hear, we have only two cases of Covid-19 in Bonneville County, but they're seeing community spread in the Boise area and in Blaine County.

The stay at home order has been odd. It's resulted in lines at stores -- they want to keep the number of people inside stores limited, to aid in distancing. I have to go to Home Depot tomorrow morning to get some backer board for a tile project, so we'll see how that goes.

On to brighter news. The reason I need the backer board is this:


We've had some loose tiles in the bathroom for a few years now. A few weeks ago we bought the tile to re-do the shower stall, and last weekend I started on the demolition. There's a lot more mold under there than I anticipated, but not all that much water damage to speak of. So the tile and drywall are coming out and the backer board is going in. We're also getting new fixtures for the shower, which is good, since the old ones are just worn out. As I'm not at work this next week, this'll give me something to do.

Then on to the fence. And the siding. Which isn't all that appealing, but you know, it needs to be done. And as long as I've got the time. . .

So I'm not feeling completely gloomy about the virus. It's a challenge, to be sure. But not overwhelming.

I have faith things will be fine. And I'm not just talking about the bathroom.

No comments: