Wednesday, March 18, 2020

"Take it Penny!"



So apparently the world will continue circling the drain to Hell.

Stock markets plunging.

Virus spreading.

Kids out of school and going bonkers and such.

Earthquake this morning near Salt Lake that shook Moroni’s trumpet right out of his hands atop the Salt Lake Temple.



(Photos yoinked from the Deseret News.)

I’m still at work, where I’m not able to cajole and deflect the bored kids. I’m going to have to start working in town, I think, in order to be more present at home.

And my online students, oh the stress they’re having. Many of them in lockdown due to the virus. Or doing that and living through the earthquake.

The world is in tumult, as has been foretold:

And great earthquakes shall be in divers places, and famines, and pestilences; and fearful sights and great signs shall there be from heaven. (Luke 21:11)

And yet, at the center, I feel calm.

Things have been bleak before.



The sun still shines. The rain still falls. The birds sing and my weenie dogs are happy to see me when I get home.

No comments: