Monday, April 14, 2008

Fleck the Walls

You folks (all two of you) are so lucky. I was just about to bore you with a technical communicator document here, but decided at the last minute I'd bore my class with it first. Once they've commented on it, I can augment its overall boringitude and then post it here, where it will incite a tsunami of boredom on the Web that will, well, be very boring.

Instead, I will tell a brief story about Lexie, our six-year-old. She's heavily into reading, sounding out new words and making connections to familiar words (in sound) once she sounds them out in print. Sometimes it works, and sometimes it doesn't. A few nights ago, she read the word "bowels" (we were reading the sciptires; bowels isn't a word often encountered in Dr. Seuss). She got an excited look on her face and said, "Like the song! 'Deck the halls with bowels of holly!'" I ruptured my duodenum trying not to laugh at my charming, sensitive daughter, while Michelle explained to Lexie the difference between bowels and boughs.

No comments: