Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Hellllllp

I need help. I have Burt Bacharach's "The Blob" going through my head right now. The song, not the protean mass that globbed around like Jell-o and decimated a small town of B-movie actors. There are certainly worse things I could have bubbling in me noggin' at the moment, but this is pretty close to the top of the list.

Today sucks. A fellow technical writer got laid off. That's bad, because it means he's now out on his rear, looking for a job. It also makes me the low man on the totem pole, with the big target on my back for the next time there's a layoff. I have, however, been protected. This is the second time we've lost a writer since I started working here, and the second time I've been protected in the hierarchy by having someone lower on the pole than I. So that means third time will be the charm.

No comments: