Friday, July 15, 2016

King of Nothing


My Dad didn't care much for pop music -- though he loved classical stuff. Once in a great while, however, a pop song appealed to him. This was one of them.

One of his nicknames was Kingzy. And after he heard this song a few times, he had a new one: King of Nothing.

The message of the song spoke to him, I guess -- when you're just a little kid, you don't ask why so-and-so likes a certain song; you just like it along with them. Now perhaps I can figure it out, because I'm a King of Nothing myself -- though like Dad, I have a lot in life: A wonderful wife, great children, a terriffic suit, and great henchmen. And I live in a place that's relatively peaceful, I have a roof over my head, food to eat, and two dogs that bug me while I sleep.

But no grandiose things. No palace.

But I'm a happy guy. Just like Dad.

No comments: