Tuesday, March 6, 2018

What Was that $3.45 for Again?

Dear United States Postal Service,

On February 23rd, I paid $3.45 on top of the $1.21 in postage to be notified when my passport and payment for a new passport would arrive at the passport processing center in Philadelphia. You promised me it would be delivered by February 28, and when I saw that I had a hearty laugh.

Good thing. Because according to you, it hasn't arrived yet.



Though I have other means of verification.

The only way I know that – possibly – my package has arrived at its destination is that the bank tells me the $110 check for the new passport fee has been cashed. Hopefully by a duly appointed agent of the US Department of State.

Because as far as the USPS is concerned, by “certified” mail is still stuck in transit on its way to the final facility in Philadelphia.

Let me remind you, for this I paid $3.45.

My question: What the hell?

Yours sincerely,

No comments: