Friday, February 22, 2019

Speaking of Rat Dogs . . .

NOTE: I'm calling this a found poem. It was a Facebook post this morning.

Four degrees this morning, so I took the youngest to school.

The dogs also came.

They wanted the window down on the way home.

Four degrees this morning.

The dogs REALLY wanted the window down on the way home.

To reach the window, they both have to sit on my lap.

But the window is not down. It's four degrees this morning.

There's a problem because

1. The window is not down, because it's four degrees this morning.

2. I basically have 22 pounds of weenie dog in my lap to act as an ersatz airbag if I crash on these icy roads.

3. The window is not down.

4. Sitting in the other seat is not an option because

a. Without a lap to sit on, the dogs cannot see out the window.
b. Driving from the passenger seat is really awkward.

5. THE WINDOW IS NOT DOWN.

6. Crisis barking ensues.

So I put the window down and the crisis is over.

Except it's four degrees this morning.

No comments: