Tuesday, January 7, 2020

Squogging the Simps


The Internet – like alliances during world wars – makes for strange bedfellows.

Here is such an example. Today, I’m defending someone I wouldn’t otherwise even think about: Kylie Jenner.

I don’t know much about her outside of assuming with the Jenner name she’s tied in with the Kardashian clan. She’s attractive, and probably makes her money with makeup or whatever else the hell that vapid group of simps does for money.

Despite my wording, I do say defend, because of this.

Yes, it’s totally useless to post a photo of yourself with a cliched, pseudo-inspirational message below it. But it’s not far from the uselessness I put on my own social media accounts, viz:



She dared use the word “fire” as inspiration.

Cue the even simpier, who dogpiled her on the internet, inferring that her use of the word “fire” and her posing in front of a fireplace is “insensitive” to those in Australia dealing with a record level of destructive wildfires.

Please.

Vapidity like this gets me fired up. I’m on fire with rage, and other fire-related wordplay.
I don’t want to live in a world where we have to be so hyperaware of what’s going on globally that we have to avoid using certain words and imagery – even cliched words and imagery – lest we offend.

And let’s face it, were the simpiers piling on her really offended, or were they just looking for an excuse to pile?

I think the latter.


No comments: