Wednesday, July 1, 2020

"They Expect Results"

So I'm close to being back to full-time work at the full-time job.

Still working at home thanks to King Corona, but it's been busy. Most everyone else, if I'm not mistaken, is back at the office, leaving a few of us still on the outskirts. That means projects that were forsaken for a while are now hot commodities, and all at once.

I'm trying not to complain. After all, this is what I signed up for with that full-time job with good pay and benefits.

Still, it's like Dean Yeager has paid that visit and I'm being tossed out.



Or tossed back in, as it were.

And it's fine. I mean, I'm contributing. Doing valuable work and all that. Feeling better since the weekend. I think.

Michelle and Lexie spent the last 2 1/2 days at the council Trail to Eagle merit badge scramble at Krupp Scout Hollow. Lexie and Sam worked on Eagle-required merit badges while Michelle did whatever it is Scout leaders do at events like this when the Scouts are occupied. They worked on three merit badges, which is a good thing -- Personal Management, Personal Fitness, and something or other else. Emergency Preparedness and/or Citizenship in the Nation.

The boys and I stayed home. I may as well have stayed home alone, as the boys weren't worth the powder to blow them up. If any dishes got done this week, it was because I did them.

And oh my gosh I am laughing at the camping episode of Bob's Burgers:

No comments: