Saturday, May 13, 2023

Siding, 2023

 


It shouldn't have made me as tired as I feel right now, putting up this tiny bit of siding. But it's good to see it going back up, and enough that I was able to partially reconnect the air conditioning fuse box to the house.

I would have been done faster, but I hamhandedly cut the power cable to the sprinklers, thinking it was another bit of unnecessary coaxial cable from the system I'm taking out. That was dumb. I have got it wired back together, but haven't tested it yet. That led to a delay of about an hour. Not my best moment.

I knew this corner was going to be a challenge, what with all the electrical attachments there: the AC, the solar panels, power meter, and on the other wall, landline and cable connections. The only good news there is that the cable box I'm going to yoink out, as we have fiber optic internet to the house and coaxial cable is a dinosaur. Leaving the landline there also feels weird, but it feels easier to leave there. Besides, it's the cable TV that's really messy in that corner.

I'm also going to replace the bathroom window. I wanted to replace the door to the garage as well, but it's not in the budget yet.

No comments: