Wednesday, October 16, 2024

"The Stranger," and Bugs Bunny

I've had this book on my shelf for a long time, and finally pulled it off the shelf to read this week.

The plot: (warning, spoilers)

(Bugs Bunny quote)

[Blam] . . . [blam blam blam blam]

There is no God.

I mean, there's a little more to it, I guess, but that's what I got out of it.

A senseless murder committed, the back cover says, by a man "victimized by life."

Not really. He saw a dog that was poorly treated. He saw his best friend beat up a woman. He didn't know how old his mother was when she died. But he seems a lot more autistic than victimized by anything even approaching life. I say autistic because he's a character who approaches life logicially, and seems to have a difficult time expressing emotion.

I can say I've read the book. I'm not going to say I enjoyed it.

Also, the Cat in the Hat-inspired characters on the cover never showed up.

No comments: