Saturday, April 19, 2014

New Wordle

Here's an interesting thing.

Back in November, I did a "Wordle" of my novel Doleful Creatures. A wordle, for the uninitiated, is an analysis of the text to see which words show up most frequently.

I'm now in the tail end of the third revision to this novel, and decided, on a whim, to do another wordle. Here it is:


Interesting things to see here, if you care to compare the new wordle to the old one (found here).

Thing No. 1: The villain's name shows up a lot larger in this wordle than in the first. What does that say about my treatment of the villain back in November? To be fair, that revision was an amalgamation of something I'd written years ago with new ideas, with the villain among the new stuff. As I read through the novel this time around, I noticed that the villain was missing in parts where she should have been, so I put her in. Here's a good reason to revise, folks.

Thing No. 2: My main character's name is also larger. Who knew that was going to happen?

Want to make a wordle of your own? There's a link to the wordle generator I used on the linked page above.

No comments: