Tuesday, September 27, 2016

2016 Goals Revisited



So. I wrote this back in January.

How am I doing on these so-called 2016 goals?
  1. Publish Doleful Creatures one way or another. Well, it’s been rejected by Shadow Mountain, But I’ve submitted it (just this week) to two other publishers thanks to #sonofapiatch. I’m not going to be published this year. But I’m working on it.
  2. Edit the Hermit of Iapetus. Hahaha. Not happening. But that’s mostly because of No. 1.
  3. Prep for NaNoWriMo. Maybe. I’ve got a few ideas that could go somewhere. It would be good to have another something else in the hopper. But No. 1 still looms large. I’ve already got a few other somethings in the hopper. But a writer writes. Always.
  4. Write a poem or short story a week. Nope. Thanks to Erin on Facebook, however, I’ve done a few writing prompts that could lead to something for No. 3.
  5. Files for the BYU-Idaho classes. Did that. Then they changed the curriculum and I’m back to square one, and feeling pretty helpless.
A mixed bag, at best. But importantly: The bag is NOT empty.

No comments: