Thursday, April 5, 2018

“Oh! Luncheon!”




Some weeks you’re the fat guy with the meat mincer, some weeks you’re the duck.

This week, I was the duck.

Lots of documents to do at work. Lots of revisions, and then Wednesday, lots of hurried revisions that spilled over into Thursday until about 11 am. I have more to do, but I’m sitting here feeling numb from all the work.

At last count, sixteen documents finished as much as they could be finished today. More to come next week, including those that got backlogged while I was working on the more exciting ones.

Two documents in particular got my attention yesterday, but in the typical roundabout way.

I should have suspected something was up when an operator came to find me Wednesday morning wondering about the status of a document. Found out a few hours later the entire plant was idled as they waited for this document to be revised. Found out a few hours after that, that there were two documents involved. But bonus of bonuses, in the wake of finishing one, the other just kinda finished itself.

Then I went this morning to send the documents to their owner for final approval, only to find twenty five (!) unresolved comments on one of them. I was able to put those off until next week and get the documents out.

And this is STILL better than journalism.



No comments: