Wednesday, November 27, 2019

The Christmas Stuff Died

Maturity or apathy. I’m not sure which. Or perhaps satiation.

Nobody in our house want stuff this Christmas.

We’re toying with a vacation at Christmastime. Or saving for a vacation after Christmastime has passed. But aside from that, nobody really seems bothered.

Of course we have a house stuffed to the gills with stuff. Not bringing any more new stuff into the house would probably be a good thing.

I did get myself two new pairs of jeans after I ripped the seat out of an old pair putting insulation in the ceiling above the laundry room. And a few things have slipped into the house for us to give each other. But nobody seems to have the energy to shop, let alone come up with a list of desires.

So maybe we give stuff away this year. Or pay extra on a few bills. Money spent on Christmas could make a car payment or two. Or three. Or pay for four months’ worth of solar panels.

I’ve thought about it. The only thing I really hope I get is that candy cane filled with Sixlets. And I can buy my own Sixlets.

We’ll see how long it lasts. Maybe moods will shift. You never know.



Nobody wants a BB gun. Nobody wants a zeppelin. And nobody wants socks or a truck that raises. Or even a football.

Maybe that’s good. Maybe we should put stuff we no longer need under the tree, and give it away come Christmas morning. Our era of acquiring stuff for the sake of stuff might be over.

Which is good, considering the consignment-store look of the house.

No comments: