Friday, May 1, 2020

Coronavirus: Stage One Achieved



So the stay-at-home order was not extended today. That does not mean things are back to normal; but it does mean we're on the way to how we were.*

What that means in the short-term isn't clear. We had a virtual town hall today at work, and we were told that yes, we could be called back to work with a minimum of 48-hours notice. But as to when that'll happen, it could be next week, it could be a few weeks further down the road. I do know the projects I support are the ones that are least likely to succeed at finding a social-distancing solution, so they'll be among the last to be brought back online. My bet is I'll still be working from home for the next few weeks.

We will be wearing masks on the bus. We will be wearing masks if we can't be socially distant in our cubicles and such. And it sounds like they company's spent a lot of money on automatic faucets, flush toilets, and hand sanitizer.

Further updates as events warrant.

This, by the way, is how I mentally react whenever anyone's coming my way:


I remain impressed with Governor Little. He's had to make some choices that has made the conservative Republicans angry. And that's okay. They deserve to see the world doesn't revolve around them. I'd like to see Gov. Little re-elected, and I'd vote for him just because of his ability to listen to reason during this crisis.

I'm less impressed with the conservative Republicans, who have seen good to use the restrictions for political purposes. Hopefully a few of them lose the primary elections coming up in a few weeks. I've already voted and done what I can to keep them out.

Does that mean I'm politicizing the crisis?

Nah. I didn't like these guys before the crisis.

*There's room here to talk about the "new normal," but whomever thinks we'll go back to anything but the old normal doesn't know human nature all that much.

No comments: