Monday, December 7, 2020

Favorite Simpsons Episode: Sweet Seymour Skinner's Baadasssss Song


The more I think about it, the more I come to realize that "Sweet Seymour Skinner's Baadasssss Song" is my favorite episode of The Simpsons.

Not that it matters. But it is.

It's quotable, start to finish, staring with acknowleding Martin's Geode to Lunchlady Doris' muted "Okey-dokey" to Groundskeeper Willie's "Grease me up, woman!" to Ralph being concerned about the dog in the vent and poor, poor Principal Skinner having a hiccup attack as Supernintendo Chalmers visits to the best scene of the entire episode: Poor Seymour trying to live it up by varying his choice of laundry soap.



And I still think this is one of the best lines Superintendent Chalmers delivers: "Oh, I have had it! I have had it with this school! The low test scores! Class after class of ugly, ugly children!"

And then there's Martin in his cage. Poor Martin.


I think what I enjoy the most about this episode is the time spent with more minor characters, namely Skinner and Martin. And Superintendent Chalmers never disappoints.

No comments: