Friday, January 14, 2022

Si Stultus Est et Operatur, Non Stultus Est

 


Here's the story, if you want to know: When we moved into this house, we had a gas furnace installed. That meant a lot of exposed ductwork in the basement. I took advantage of that and strung a CAT-5 cable from one wall of the study to the other, so I could have a hard connection to a printer on the other side of the room. That's Phase 1.

Phase 2 came about after I began working from home and needed a hard connection between the router and my work computer. The short term, almost two-year solution was to have the cable on the floor, but my wife kept tripping over it. So today I strung cable from the router to a wall near the original cable setup, and ran the cable through the wall to the old system outlet. Thus the odd connection. But it solved that tripping problem.

It looks really stupid, but it works. And as a friend says on Facebook:



No comments: