Sunday, June 5, 2022

Oh *There* You Are, Seasonal Depression

So the fun thing was that this January and February, my typical seasonal depression was absent. I'm not sure I did anything different this year as compared to past years, so I can't really explain it.

Now, however . . .

It's here. Part of it might be due to overwork (which, anyone watching me, would ask HOW?). Since the beginning of April, I've been very short of free weekends. A lot of Scout stuff going on, of course. And when it wasn't Scout stuff, it was trying to get a few things done around the house and working on the camper (again, my wife would ask HOW) to get it ready for camp.

But now the camper is gone. I have to do Scouts this coming Saturday, but there's a good chance after that I might get some free time. And the older I get, the more I see that free time is important. Getting away from the computer and all that.

Yesterday I planed tomatoes in the garden, mowed most of the back lawn, stapled up some cables and generally puttered around without anyone telling me what to do. It felt good.

Not that I mind cooperating on chores and such. I just would like to prioritize what I want to work on. And hells bells do I have a lot to work on.

So maybe this depression will lighten up a bit. We'll see.

No comments: