Monday, July 4, 2022

Messy, Messy, Messy . . .


Hey Ammon recyclers, we can do better than this.

Yes, I was disappointed when I got to the recycling drop-off and saw there was no room for my plastics.

If there's no room, don't heap your plastics - or anything else loose like this. Any little bit of wind (and the wind, she does blow around here) will have the top layer of this stuff over the snow fence and into the yard next door, where there's already some wind-blown cardboard.

I spent about ten minutes cleaning up trash around the bins and then took the trash and my plastics home because we shouldn't leave a mess for the city or the folks next door.

I'd say another plastics bin would help but the city has at least two cardboard bins there and I cleaned up quite a bit of cardboard and put it in one of the empty bins because it gets heaped up too and people just keep dropping it off.

Should add to this that there's almost always some unrecyclable stuff dropped off there too. Today it was two pressure-treated fence posts and some laminate.

Sure, you don't want that stuff on your property anymore. But this isn't the place to drop off your junk. Man up and pay the fee at the county construction yard for that stuff.

This is a free service offered by the city. We should not make that free service a public nuisance.

No comments: