Wednesday, January 25, 2023

Ring Camera: Less Than Whelmed

My wife got me a Ring camera doorbell for Christmas.

Put it up four weeks ago. It captured exciting action like this:


Yes, not riveting stuff.

I have a lot to learn about it. Just today, I learned that the chime I hear when a new event occurs is not the wind chime on the front porch, but a sound effect from the camera.

But now I am Ring planless, meaning if anything happens out the front door and I don't see it live, then I get a notification that there was "motion," or whatnot, but no video.

At 3:51 am, there was "motion," but I couldn't see what it was.

I doubt there was motion. I think it's Amazon trying to spook me into buying a plan.

Which I might. But I'm irritated. The basic use shouldn't be limited to live, happening-now. I got that with the three-dollar doorbell the Ring replaced.

No comments: