Saturday, June 24, 2023

On the Injured and Stupid List

From the "I'd Give My Right Arm to Be Ambidextrous" department:

A week or so ago, I injured something in my right elbow. It's probably a repetetive stress injury from typing way too much on the computer and using my right hand heavily to hand-cut vinyl siding.

I talked to my doctor about it, and she gave me a brace to wear on my elbow. I've been faithful in wearing it, and I've been careful with my activities to try to give that arm a rest.

Today, I felt in fine fettle, so I decided to work on the siding some more (as evidenced below) as I took a break from working a little overtime for the full-time job.

My elbow, which had no complaints this morning, is now screaming at me and calling me a lot of names. And I didn't finish the siding spot I hoped to finish today because the last bits will require a lot of cutting.

Just tell me the siding looks good.

Also, don't let that ladder fool you. I got onto the roof like a man: Climbing out of a bedroom window onto the porch roof.




No comments: