Wednesday, June 21, 2023

This Music Played, my Shows Were Over

I tend to open up YouTube as I'm falling asleep and drift off to random music. Last night, however, I was awoken when this tune played.

As I lay there in the darkness listening, I knew I'd heard the song a thousand times before. I couldn't peg it, though. So I played it several times, round about 2 am, and finally drifted off to sleep again, hoping maybe I'd remember where the song came from in my dreams.

Something significant, I was sure.

But nothing.

So tonight it came up in the rotation again. I googled it, and discovered this: Among its many uses, it was used as the theme for the soap opera "The Young and the Restless."

Then it hit me: The melancholy the tune brought me last night stemmed from knowing that the game shows I watched when I was home sick from school ended when "The Young and the Restless" came on.



No comments: