Saturday, April 13, 2024

Frag-ee-lay. That Must Be Italian

 

Got a message tonight on LinkedIn from Justin Hegyi from the fine folks at The Outlier Team, inviting me to joing their crew of writers training large language models and artificial intelligence to write more gooder.

They singled me out, they say, because I am "both proficient in English  . . . and are fluent or native Italian spakers -- like you!"

Italian must be the AI misspelling of French, because while I am somewhat proficient in French, my Italian is basically what I learned from A Christmas Story.


Thing is, this same guy contacte me back in February with the same message -- but he was working for a different company. To me, that's not necessarily a good look if you're looking to acquire talent.


My feelings on all of this, and AI:

I keep getting tagged on LinkedIn by companies that want to hire me to train AI to write better.

Then I see my students turning to AI to write their essays and gazing in wonder at the absolute nonsense AI produces and I conclude:

1. Yes, AI *does* need a lot of someones to teach it how to write.

2. Those who want to teach it how to write ought to be [word that will be censored by Facebook].

No comments: