Wednesday, September 18, 2024

Faceook: Two-Factor Authentication? What's That?

 


So I have discovered some negative-vibe merchant is using an email address of mine on Facebook.

I suspect it's someone fishing around trying either to determine if the email address is active or that they're trying to see if they can sneak into somewhere.

I have reported its use to the powers that be (associated with the email, because reporting it to Facebook is utterly useless because there's nobody but bots and algorithms on the other end). The powers said they'd take care of it. But I continue to get the emails asking me to confirm friends and such. I haven't done anything but delete the emails.

I did try to attach the email to my Facebook account to see if I could regain control of it, but as you can see in the image above, no dice. They don't give me the option to send a code to the email I want to capture, but rather have it sent to an email account they already know, so there's a hole in their two-factor authentication.

I'm leaving it there, and will have to report the emails to those on my end again.

No comments: