Friday, September 13, 2024

Goodbye, Slanty Shanty, and Welcome, Mr. Sta-Puft

A few years ago, I used some scrap wood and a couple old tarps to build what I called the "Slanty Shanty" behind the shed, as home to some firewood and a few disused bicycles.

Inspired, of course, by the Slanty Shanty from The Simpsons:

It went in as a temporary measure, but lasted a bit longer than I anticipated.

At about the same time, our youngest brought home a used carport he got from a friend. I made it my goal this year to use that carport to replace the Slanty Shanty, and finally made is this weekend.

Behold, Mr. Sta-Puft:





The last photo shows the hastily assembled PVC rack I built from some scrap lumber. To continue the Ghostbusters theme, I had to add some bracing because of some wood fatigue in the load-bearing members.

This, of course, is also a temporary measure. I'm hoping we can build a shop before I become too feeble to enjoy one, but that's going to take some time and investment, so we'll see how it goes. In the meantime, I have a place to work and to store bulky stuff that right now is clogging the shed and garage.

No comments: