Monday, August 24, 2026

I *Love* Sprinklers


Came home to this tonight.

Well, not necessarily this, but at least part of it, lying accusingly on the driveway. So we likely had a gusher for at least a part of the hour this circuit ran last night or this morning.

I shouldn't complain. It was easy to replace. The hardest part was driving to Ace Hardware to get the part. I had hoped I had one in my box o' parts out in the shed, but alas.

I also knew that replacing it now was going to be the best deal. Lately I've been putting off little repairs like this, but that's a bad habit to get into. So I had the part. Five minutes with a shovel and the new part was in and now I don't really have to think about it anymore.

Except I noticed as I was testing this circuit that the circuit that feeds the raspberry patch popped a seam. Good news is that one is aboveground. But it had run for an hour with a gusher part of the way through it, so it's really muddy back there. That'll have to wait until things dry out.

No comments: