Friday, February 25, 2011

What's Up With That, YouTube?


Because I'm generally a boring person, I decided to try to watch a few YouTube videos tonight. Instead, I'm getting this happy little message for the first time.

Why in the world do I have to verify who I am to watch a YouTube video?

And it seems I'm being asked this for ANY kind of video, not just something that someone somewhere might think is actionable since I'm watching, say, an episode of Frasier on YouTube. I didn't upload the thing, but now they want to know it's me watching it?

And that goes for anything, from Keyboard Cat to that crap video I posted OF MYSELF singing a traditional French carol while dressed in a bunny suit. I can't even watch one of my own videos without self-identifying? Why?

So I sign out.

Now I can watch videos again.

What's the deal, YouTube?

No comments: