Monday, May 2, 2011

Time's Almost Up for the Treasury of Laughter

Come the third week of May, the era of the Treasury of Laughter blog will close.

I have officially finished reading the book, written my last post and put the book back on the shelf. It’s about time – the poor book, 65 years old, isn’t in the best of shape, though my wife ran it through her book press.

And like the Cokesbury Party Blog, it kind of goes out with a whimper rather than a bang, due in part to weak end material in the book itself, and also to my desire to finish blogging this book and take a rest for a bit.

Will I find another book to blog about?

I don’t know. I’ve got a few possibilities sitting on the bookshelf. But in the meantime, I’ve started two other blogs which are a little on the neglected side, and I’ve also started teaching part-time as an English instructor at a local university. Whether or not I start another blog depends on time and desire, and both are at a low ebb at the moment. Plus, I’ve got a fantasy novel to edit and farm out to agents before the year is out. I’m swamped. And I can’t even blame Guilder for it.


Used under the fair use doctrine for commentary purposes.

No comments: