Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Book Extras

So I'm hoping to take advantage of time off from work this Christmas to work on a few book extras, namely a map for the Hermit of Iapetus, plus the startings of a book trailer. Yes, I need to do a lot of editing as well, but I'm going to let the book sit untouched a while longer before I jump into that.

First, the map:


Then the book trailer. Here's a rough cut at the storyboarding:

Hoping to get my son, who loves to draw cartoons, to so some cartoony drawing for the book trailer. I had half thought of taking the video camera out to Hell's Half acre to do some recording of my own, but I don't have a chance of getting any footage that would be halfway serviceable. So it's cartoons.

The song might be the problem. I'm going to have to find out who has the copyright for San Antonio Rose. And I'm probably going to have to steer away from the Patsy Cline version which, of course, is a damn shame.



(Yes, there is a version of her singing live. However, it's terrible. She's much better in this studio cut.)

No comments: