Monday, October 31, 2016

No Nano




I should probably change my habits to actually announcing when I am going to participate in National Novel Writing Month, rather than when I am not, since this is the third or fourth year (I’m too lazy to go back and check) since I’ve participated.

Again, reasons:

Doleful Creatures. Sigh. Sent it to three publishers this year. Two rejections and the other publisher went out of business. And that’s okay. Still have work to do on the story. Why not take the time to make it right?

Other ideas. Yes, I have them. Have jotted a few things down. But there are more pressing writing issues. Such as has already been mentioned. And the Hermit of Iapetus is getting impatient with me, waiting for me to finish Doleful Creatures so I can finish telling his story.

School. BYU-Idaho changed the learning environment and the curriculum, meaning I’m spending more time than usual in class trying to get things graded and figure things out.

Also: It’s quite possible I am a eh-stinky writer. But I will keep doing it, no matter what.

No comments: